St Mary’s Church of England Infant School was founded in 1813 and moved to new premises on Church Green in 1856. The building is not easily recognisable as a school as its handsome Victorian buildings blend inconspicuously into the Cotswold stone terraced houses around it.
St. Mary’s Infant School is a Church of England School catering for children between the ages of 4 and 7. Currently children are offered a full time place in Reception in the September following their 4th birthday. The school is a member of the Oxford Diocesan Schools Trust.
The school has up to 90 pupils, arranged over three years, and this relatively small number and our strong Christian ethos are contributory factors to the happy family atmosphere for which we are well known. St. Mary’s has all the benefits of a village school in a town.
Parents considering sending their children to St. Mary’s are asked to contact the office to make an appointment to visit the school during one of our ‘Stay and Play’ Open Mornings where there will be an opportunity to see the school and meet the Headteacher, Mrs. Grier.
“St Mary’s is an extremely caring school community where staff go to great lengths to support pupils and their families.”